Is your social media putting your organisation at risk of breeching legal regulations?
More than 30% of complaints made to the Advertising Standards Authority stem from digital channels, with social media playing a pivotal role. As a result more and more organisations are facing the challenge of having to weigh up the opportunities of engagement against the risks of remaining compliant.
Watch this webinar ‘Understanding the new legal regulations on social media’ with legal expert and author Steve Kuncewicz, as he gives a whistle-stop tour of some of the key laws that are affecting organisations across the UK, including:
- An overview of the digital CAP code
- The risks of breeching the regulations
- When to use #Ad or #Spon
- The key considerations when using brand ambassadors
- The importance of making it clear that content is part of a marketing campaign
- The legalities of engaging influencers
- The impact of retweeting/sharing non-compliant posts
The impact of breeching the new laws ranges from having all advertorial content pre-vetted by regulatory bodies through to monetary fines. The overarching message throughout the webinar is that it is better to be safe, than to be sorry.
Complete the form to watch the recording now!